Friday, September 23, 2011

Well...

I have been re-examining things a lot lately with the help of my fantastic fiancee. I am looking at what my long and short term goals for my weight loss and getting healthy are. I am setting new, higher ultimate goals, and also trying to set a few tangible small goals also.

I was talking to the Nels and we were discussing my healthification plans. I in the past have tried to set such ridiculously high and lofty goals, and also accomplish them in fairly extreme ways. Because of this, I am often times setting myself up for failure. I am finding that if I set smaller goals and find more realistic ways of accomplishing them, I am much more likely to succeed.

So.. in realizing this, here are some new goals and new ways to go about accomplishing them.
Long term:
Still going with a goal weight of 145 pounds. I need to lose approx 140 pounds to get there. HALF OF ME!!
Fit in a size 12 or lower

Short term
1: Lose 5 pounds by October 1st.
2: Take a walk 3x's a week
3: Pack my lunch for work to avoid the temptations of the cafeteria

These are a good start for right now. I took a walk with the Nels today, and that was really a lot of fun, and a good start to the walking. Walking is something that I can do, and I actually enjoy doing it. I tried the up and running course online, and I will probably do that later on, but I started it and my sciatica is really acting up. It had been so good for a long time, so I am going back to the lower impact walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment