Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lets do this!

So.. to start out I thought that I would explain the purpose of this blog. This will be my weight-loss blog. I know that this concept has definitely been done many times before, by many people and probably done better than this! :) but I need to do this for myself.

I have been reading weight loss blogs and books A LOT lately. And I mean a lot... I have a long term goal of losing 100 pounds, and of course there needs to be some work put in to get there. This is the part I have the most trouble with.. you know.. the work part.

I know that when I write down what I eat  I do better keeping on top of what I put into my body. I am much less likely to eat tons of crappy food if I have to see it in writing! I am hoping by writing here I will be more mindful also of what I do with my body and how this is affecting the size and shape of it.

So.. Lets start blogging it up!!

As I said before, I have a goal of losing 100 pounds.. (actually closer to 115 to get to my ultimate goal weight). It is one of those things.. I have been overweight (I so want to say fat.. but honestly I am trying to get away from this word. My fiancee HATES it when I call myself fat.. but that is a different story.)  my whole life, and I honestly can't say that I truly believe that my goal can be reached. So.. I guess I will have to set mini goals and go pound by pound until I get there.

The background players...
1: MOTIVATION!!
This is the most important thing to have on this whole journey. My philosophy on weight loss is pretty simple. You need something that motivates you and something that you enjoy doing consistently to succeed.
My personal motivation is the fact that I am getting married next September.

2: Goals:
As mentioned before, my ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds. My goal weight is 160 pounds right now.. OOh.. now you can figure out how much of a fatty I am starting out as! hehe ;)
My other goal is I want to be a "normal sized" bride. I want so badly to be out of plus sizes by the time my wedding rolls around. Dresses are so much cuter for skinny girls!! :)

3: Process:
I am just finishing up a 10 week Farrell's ultimate bodyshaping course next week. We have our final testing next Saturday so I get to see if my work has paid off.. (not going to lie.. I have been HORRIBLE the past 3 weeks. Have been going 2-3 times a week when it is meant to be done 6x's a week). At our 5 week testing I actually GAINED a pound! DARNIT!! I did do 53 pushups though! Who knew I would be able to do any!!

Also, I am going to be starting the up and running online running course this September 5. I have never in my life been able to run, but after seeing that I am actually able to do tough workouts through Farrell's, I wanted to give it a try. This course runs (haha.. bad pun!!) for 8 weeks and concludes with running a full 5K.

After the 8 weeks of learning to run we will see what craziness I come up with to keep moving!

Well.. thats my story in a nutshell... I hope to keep updating the progress of everything at least weekly.
Later!!



No comments:

Post a Comment